Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Recent Artwork

I've always been interested in various forms of artistic expression (drawing, painting, sewing, photography), but haven't invested much time into cultivating my skills. However, as of late, I have had the urge to explore my creative side. So, I've taken it upon myself to do a number of paintings and other "crafty" projects for the house. Here's one of my recent projects, which now hangs above the fireplace in the living room.



This is half of the 2-canvas project. I wanted to use birds as my theme, and was using a number of different pictures as inspiration for mine.



This is the other half of my project.



And this is what they look like together. Before I started the project, I knew that I wanted to have a continuous picture over the 2 canvases. I love vibrant colors, so I thought I definitely went for the bold look. I ran into an issue of the bird on the blue canvas not standing out enough from the background, so I decided to add a lighter oolor behind, which immediately looked like a moon. What started out as merely two different colored backgrounds came to represent "night and day." The birds' names are Winston and Harriet.

3 comments:

  1. I love this Anna!!! Can you make me one in colors to match my living room?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you! Kayla, what color is your living room?

    ReplyDelete