Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcoming Fall's Arrival

I have to admit, I'm still grieving what feels like a lost summer. In the history of my life, this has to be the worst summer (weather-wise) that I have ever experienced. Rain, rain, and more rain. And then there was the humidity and extreme heat. Excluding my 2-week vacation in California, I only made it to the beach once. And that wasn't because I didn't put forth the effort to get myself there. The several weekends that I planned a beach trip (3 hours round trip), it rained. To make matters worse, fall came early this year. I kept holding out for a second heat wave, but it didn't come. So, I spent a lot of time being angry at weather.com and the state of Pennsylvania, and I made it a point to complain a lot to whoever would listen.

All that aside, and now that fall has been around for several weeks, I'm starting to accept (and even get excited) for everything that comes with fall. Pumpkins, pumpkin spiced lattes, apple picking and my favorite cowboy boots. To welcome fall's arrival, Media hosted Fall Super Sunday, a fun day filled with food, shopping, and entertainment. They closed off their main street, and all the businesses set up booths in the street. It's one of my favorite things to do in the area, so I decided to go last weekend. We had great weather and really enjoyed ourselves. Here are some pictures from the day.

A snapshot of main street.

It was a bit crowded, but I made my way around alright.

I got to pet this SUPER cute black lab puppy. Unfortunately, I couldn't get him to look at me for the photo.

Beautiful sky and beautiful buildings.

Seven Stones Cafe- My favorite coffee shop in Media.

This is me admiring all the lovely pottery. I came super close to buying a vase, but refrained.

A fun display of antique bottles.

Rockin my favorite boots.

The start of my owl collection.

A typical Anna face. "Are you kidding me?"


No comments:

Post a Comment